This Latin-style Caesar was allegedly created during the Mexican Revolution, when a general encouraged his troops add hot sauce to their beer for strength and good health. This drink works best with a chilled Mexican beer, but whatever you have on hand will likely work. You can also sub in tomato juice for the Clamato, but try it with the Clamato first – it gives it a Canadian edge.
- 1 32-ounce bottle of Clamato juice, chilled
- 3 12-ounce bottles of beer, chilled
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp Maggi Seasoning
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- lime wedges for garnishing
- Stir the Clamato juice, beer, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce and Maggi seasoning together in a large pitcher.
- Mix the salt and chili powder on a small plate, rub the edges of eight lowball glasses with the lime wedges and dip the glasses in the mixture to coat the edges.
- Fill each glass with ice, pour in the Michelada mixture and garnish with lime wedges.
Featured image source: www.hungry-again.com