Halloween is coming, and if you’re having a party, a fun cocktail can really cap off a festive evening. Although punch is an easy way to go, especially if you’re hosting lots of people, making these individual and extra creepy drinks will help your party stand out. Not only does the mixture of tequila, orange and melon taste great, this drink looks like it’s right out of a mad scientist’s lab. Pass these out at your Halloween party next weekend, and your guests will have a scary good time.
- 1 orange
- 1/2 a honeydew melon, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2/3 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur
- 4 cups ice cubes
- coarse sugar or black sea salt
- 1 16 ounce bottle of lemon-lime carbonated beverage
- 2 tablespoons grenadine
- Cut the orange in half. Take one half and cut it into wedges, wrap it, and leave it in the fridge overnight. Juice the other half and set it aside.
- Put the cubed melon, tequila, orange liqueur and orange juice in a blender, and blend until smooth. Slowly add the ice cubes while the blender is still running until the mixture gets slushy. Pour the mixture into a freezer-safe container, and freeze it overnight.
- To serve, rim eight glasses with the orange wedges, and dip the rims in the sugar or sea salt to coat. Scoop the frozen mixture into the glasses and top each one off with 1/4 cup of lemon-lime beverage. Drizzle the grenadine into each glass.
Recipe source: bhg.com
Featured image source: bhg.com