So many Canadian kids go through childhood loving the pink version of classic summer lemonade. So why not update it and mix it with our grown up summer favourite, sangria? This recipe is a fun and extra colourful twist on the wine cocktail, and it’s sure to be a real crowd-pleaser.
- 1 thinly sliced lemon
- 1 thinly sliced orange
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup simple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 bottle dry rose wine
- slices of lemon, raspberries to garnish
- Put the lemon slices, orange slices and raspberries in a large pitcher, and mix together.
- Add the lemon juice, syrup, water and wine to the pitcher.
- Leave the pitcher in the fridge for at least four hours to let the flavours meld.
- Serve in tall glasses or wine glasses over ice, and garnish with lemon and raspberries. Makes about six glasses.
Featured image source: planetbyn.com