- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread some butter or spray some non-stick cooking spray onto a 2 quart baking dish.
- Pour the sweet potatoes into a medium saucepan or pot. Cook the potatoes for 15 minutes, or until they are tender (or when they can be easily cut in half). Drain the potatoes from the water and mash them.
- Mix your sweet potato mash with the white sugar, eggs, 1/3 cup butter, milk, and vanilla extract. Spread the mixture evenly onto your baking dish.
- Mix the brown sugar, chopped pecans, flour, and 1/3 cup melted butter. Sprinkle this over your sweet potato on the baking dish.
- Bake your casserole for approximately 35 minutes. Remove when a knife comes out of the centre clean.
Thanks to All Recipes for the recipe and imagery!