These coconut chicken tenders are a sure fire crowd-pleaser that are super easy to make. When it comes to chicken tenders there are plenty of different ways you can go, but I prefer this recipe because the sweet coconut coating gives them a distinctive island flavor. It’s also easy to spice these chicken tenders up a bit. My friends like to have their food on the spicy side so I added so chili powder to the egg mix to keep them on their toes. Experimenting with chili powder and Siracha sauce in the egg mix is essential to figuring out the exact right combination of ingredients to make these coconut chicken tenders to your taste. This recipe is so simple that I am planning on committing it to memory and making it quite often.seems handy to have stored in your back pocket.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, soy sauce, Sriracha, garlic powder, ginger and 2 tablespoons water. In another large bowl, combine Bisquick mix and coconut.
- Working one at a time, dip chicken into egg mixture, then dredge in Bisquick mixture, pressing to coat.
- Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet, 3 or 4 at a time, and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro, if desired.
Source: Damn Delicious