I don’t think I’ve ever met someone who doesn’t like guacamole. How can you not? The richness of the avocados cut with lime and garlic is one of the best flavour combinations, and one that makes this dip so much more than just a burrito topping.
This is my recipe for guacamole. You can add onions and cilantro if you like, but I prefer to leave them out. If you like your guacamole spicy, add one diced jalapeño pepper (or two if you like things extra hot). This versatile and healthy dip can be served as an appetizer at a party, used as a topping for your tacos on Taco Tuesdays, or can be made as a quick snack. Serve your guacamole with tortilla chips, veggies, or spread it on toast with smoked salmon and a poached egg for breakfast. Is there anything that guacamole can’t do?
- 3 ripe avocados
- 10 grape tomatoes
- 1 lime
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt to taste
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the seeds, and scoop out the avocado flesh into a bowl.
- Mash the avocados until smooth. It doesn’t have to be perfect, you can leave it as chunky as you like.
- Cut the grape tomatoes into quarters and add this to the mashed avocados.
- Crush two cloves of garlic and add this to the avocado and tomatoes.
- Add the zest and juice of 1 lime to the mixture.
- Stir to combine. Serve and enjoy!
- Leftovers can be stored in an air tight container in the fridge for 1 – 2 days.
Thanks to Simply Recipes for their fantastic imagery. Flavour Curator does not claim to own any of the materials on this page.
Featured image source: Simply Recipes