Is there anything more refreshing than bruschetta? I usually hate the taste of raw tomatoes, but when combined with onion, garlic, and fresh basil, I can’t get enough. It is truly addicting, what starts out as one ends up turning into a handful.
Bruschetta is ridiculously easy to make at home, and with this recipe from yours truly, you’ll never want to order it at a restaurant again. This makes a great summertime meal, appetizer or snack when you want to turn on your oven as little as possible.
Serve it on crispy bread, in a salad or with cooked pasta for a light and fresh dinner. You can also add chopped prosciutto, mozzarella or grated Parmesan cheese for even more flavour. Trust me when I say this, you’ll be addicted to bruschetta after trying this recipe.
- 6 plum tomatoes, diced and seeded
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large basil leaves, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the tomatoes, onion, garlic, and basil to a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil and vinegar and stir to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and stir to combine.
- Serve with a glass of wine and enjoy!
Thanks to Simply Recipes for their fantastic imagery.