Who is the visionary that came up with the idea for garlic bread? From the simple pairing of bread topped with cheese, garlic and butter comes one of the most delectable side dishes to ever exist. When it’s brought out as an appetizer before a meal, it doesn’t matter what you’re having or whether you’ll spoil your appetite or not – all of that garlic bread is getting devoured. Seriously, it should just be a mandatory addition to every dinner.
When you’re getting the craving for garlic bread with your home cooked meal, don’t go to the grocery store and get that pre-made frozen kind. Is that stuff even real bread? Instead, it’s super-easy to just create your own garlic bread from scratch. Think about it: you just need bread and the assorted toppings and you’re on your way. Try this simple recipe on for size and then you can make garlic bread every night of the week and live the life of kings. Feel free to customize your garlic bread to suit your specific preferences.
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- 5 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut the bread into slices 1 or 2 inches thick.
- Mix butter, olive oil, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Spread the mixture evenly on the slices of bread.
- On a medium baking sheet, arrange the slices evenly. Broil for 5 minutes or until slightly brown.
- Remove from broiler, top with cheese, and broil for another 2 or 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Thanks to All Recipes for creating this delicious recipe for their fantastic imagery.