Shrimp is one of those food items that you can really bring out for any occasion. Use them as appetizers, incorporate them into a main dish, or bust them out on a snack tray for various get-togethers. And while plain old shrimp is just fine, I’ve always preferred taking it to another flavour stratosphere by marinating and grilling those wily little crustaceans.
Don’t worry if you lack the ownership of a barbeque; pick up a grill pan from the store and it’ll work just as well.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Stir together garlic, olive oil, tomato sauce, and red wine vinegar in a large bowl. Season with basil, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Add shrimp and stir until evenly coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour, stirring a couple of times.
- Preheat grill for medium and thread shrimp on to skewers.
- Lightly oil the grill. Place shrimp on the grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until they’re opaque.
Thanks to All Recipes for creating this delicious recipe and for their fantastic imagery.