Summertime is filled with barbecues and parties. Invited to a party? Don’t show up empty handed, but don’t spend all summer slaving away in the kitchen! MidWest Living Magazine has a delicious Mexican Seven Layer Dip that is quick and simple to make and is the perfect summer patio appetizer!
- 1 9 – ounce can bean dip
- 1/4 cup picante or taco sauce
- 1 8 – ounce container refrigerated guacamole
- 1 8 – ounce carton dairy sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or taco cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion (2)
- 2 tablespoons sliced pitted ripe olives
- 2/3 cup chopped, seeded tomato (1 medium)
- 8 cups tortilla chips or crackers
- Combine bean dip and picante sauce; spread into a rectangle about 9-by 5-inches on a serving platter making a layer about 1/4-inch thick. Next carefully layer avocado dip and sour cream. Top with cheese, green onion, and olives. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle with chopped tomato. Serve with tortilla chips. Makes 16 appetizer servings (1/4 cup dip and 1/2 cup chips).