The brownies my mom made growing up were the best, and never cake-adjacent. They were gooey and moist, and as I got older, I learned they are also super easy to make. Although this isn’t her recipe, this is pretty darn close to it. If you want to add chocolate chips, nuts, or icing, feel free to do so – although I don’t think these brownies need any frills. Also, go ahead and sub in your favourite gluten-free flour if you need or like as well.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8″ by 8″ pan, and dust it with flour.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan, remove the pan from the heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat in the cocoa, flour, salt and baking powder.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan and bake in your preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
Recipe source: allrecipes.com
Featured image source: parade.condenast.com