It’s amazing how a BBQ can take simple foods and turn them into something absolutely delicious. This recipe for grilled peaches with mascarpone and balsamic vinegar makes an excellent snack or dessert. What makes this recipe even better is that it only takes about 5 minutes of prep work, and 15 minutes on the grille. Despite that short cooking time, these grilled peaches will impress not only with their taste, but also with their presentation.
These grilled peaches will also make a great topping for a mixed greens salad. Add in some pecans and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and you’ll have yourself a real winner.
Serve these up to your friends and family and they will be coming back for more.
- 1 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Honey (optional)
- 2 ripe Peaches, halved and pitted
- 4 tablespoons Mascarpone
- 4 sprigs fresh Mint
- In a small saucepan simmer one cup balsamic vinegar (and 2 tbsp honey if you like it sweet) over medium heat until reduced by half and balsamic is thick and syrupy, 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Heat grill to high.
- Halve and pit peaches; brush both sides with oil. Place the peach halves, cut side down, on the grill. Grill both sides until golden brown and just cooked through.
- Top each with a teaspoons of mascarpone, sprinkle over balsamic reduction and garnish with mint leaves.
Source: Feisty Veggies