Just as the Shamrock Shake has become a staple in the lead up to St. Patrick’s Day, McDonalds has leveraged its Crème Egg McFlurry into a top Easter treat. It’s a genius idea, really – everybody loves Cadbury Crème Eggs and everybody loves McFlurries, so combining them is just the next natural step. But just because McDonalds created it does not mean you cannot easily make this yourself at home. And you know what? It will probably be even better and you will end up saving money, which is always a bonus. At the very least, you can blend it better so that all the chocolate bits aren’t just at the top of the sundae, as it usually is these days when you get a McFlurry.
Here are the simple steps to make this delicious dessert yourself all from the comforts of your own home.
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- ¼ cup milk
- 8 Cadbury Crème Eggs
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave until they become pourable.
- Pour the chocolate on to a silicon mat and let the chocolate harden in a thin layer, then break it into shards.
- Mix vanilla ice cream and milk in a large bowl and then use a blender to blend everything until it is smooth.
- Chop up 6 Crème Eggs and blend into mixture.
- Fold chocolate shards into mixture and then place everything in two serving glasses.
- As a final touch, cut the remaining Crème Eggs in half and place on top of the sundae. They sure don’t do that at your local McDonalds.
Thanks to POPSUGAR for the recipe and the imagery.