This super easy recipe makes a healthy breakfast and it’s tasty enough for a satisfying dessert. You can use any kind of dried berry you prefer instead of the dried cranberries, and feel free to leave the hemp hearts and flax seed out. These oatmeal crisps also store well in the freezer, but be sure to pack them into a a tightly closed container and separate them with wax paper to keep them nice and crunchy.
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1/3 cups rolled oats
- 3 tbsps flax seed
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a 13 by 9 inch baking pan with tin foil. Spray it with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan or pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the brown sugar to the butter and cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir the oats, flax seed, hemp hearts, cinnamon and dried cranberries until the mixture is thoroughly moist.
- Press the mixture evenly onto the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is golden. This should take roughly 15 minutes.
- Let the crisps cool completely in the pan, and break into pieces.
Featured image courtesy Josh Hanson