Served with vanilla ice cream, this dessert is the perfect finale for a summer barbecue. The tartness of the rhubarb is what makes this stand out from other crumbles, and in-season strawberries keep it classic. Don’t worry if it looks messy when you serve it up – that’s what makes this a crumble and not a pie!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 4 cups diced rhubarb
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the white sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, strawberries and rhubarb in a large bowl. Pour the mixture into a 9 by 13 inch baking dish.
- Mix the remaining flour, brown sugar, butter and oats, and crumble on top of the strawberry rhubarb mixture.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the crumble is crisp and golden brown.
Featured image source: thehungrydog.com