January is generally the time when people are most motivated to follow through on their New Year’s resolutions. But a major obstacle to one of the most popular resolutions, healthy eating, is time — or lack thereof. We often start off the year with the best of intentions and determined to make the coming months our healthiest yet, but fail to consider the consistent time, effort and planning it takes to lead a healthy lifestyle.
Overnight oats are the perfect solution for those that need a quick, healthy breakfast to provide energy and fuel for a busy workday. For those that love a sweet breakfast, overnight oats not only taste great, but make an easy breakfast to take with you in a mason jar on-the-go in the morning. Simply assemble the ingredients the night before and leave the mixture in the fridge for 8 hours overnight. In the morning, your healthy breakfast is good to grab and go and just like that your healthy eating continues.
Overnight Oatmeal with Blueberries
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
Not a fan of blueberries? Substitute them for strawberries, banana or another fruit of your liking.
- Mix the milk, oats, yogurt, chia seeds, honey and cinnamon in a 1/2 pint jar. Cover jar with a lid and shake.
- Remove lid and fold in blueberries.
- Cover jar and refrigerate oatmeal overnight, for around 8 hours.
Thanks to All Recipes for the recipe and the imagery!
Overnight Chai Oatmeal
If you love chai lattes, you’ll love the taste of this Overnight Chai Oatmeal.
- Mix oats, milk, chia seeds, coconut, cardamom, cinnamon, vanilla extract, ground ginger and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, for around 8 hours.
Thanks to All Recipes for the recipe!