This healthy, Mexican twist on a childhood favourite is extra creamy and low in fat. If you want to amp up the spice, double the chili powder. For maximum flavour, use the sharpest cheddar you can find. If you time everything right, it should only take about 15 minutes to throw together. It’s the perfect hearty meal to end a long day.
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 3 garlic cloves, diced finely
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 2 avocados, diced
- 5 ounces low fat sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- Cook the pasta in a pot according to the package.
- Combine milk, garlic and chili powder in a saucepan and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for five minutes.
- Put the parsley, 1 1/2 cups of the avocado, cheese, lime juice and milk mixture in a blender and whirl until smooth.
- Drain the cooked pasta and toss it with the sauce in the pot.
- Add the chives and the rest of the avocado and toss gently. Serve immediately.
Recipe source: www.allrecipes.com
Featured image source: www.twopeasandtheirpod.com