Fried chicken is awesome. That has been well documented. But it isn’t all that healthy. I wanted a tasty recipe for baked chicken that tasted like fried chicken, and this was one of the first I came across. However, it was originally for pan-fried chicken breasts, and I wanted to make drumsticks, so I modified the prep to suit baking drumsticks. Because it’s getting chilly outside, this chicken is great with roasted potatoes and root veggies.
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tsps garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Rinse the drumsticks in cold water and pat them dry.
- Stir together the garlic powder, black pepper, salt, paprika, bread crumbs and flour in a shallow bowl. Whisk the milk and egg together in another bowl.
- Dip the drumsticks in the milk mixture and then full coat them in the breading mixture. Place each drumstick on a greased or cooking-sprayed rack in a baking sheet.
- Cook the drumsticks in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Lower the heat to 375 degrees and cook for another 25 to 30 minutes, or until the juice runs clear when you pierce the chicken with a knife.
Recipe source: allrecipes.com
Featured image source: recipe.com