Cooking a whole beer chicken is a feat, and although you get really juicy meat, trying to get a chicken to balance on a beer can on a bbq isn’t particularly easy. These beer-marinated chicken drumsticks are a great alternative. They’re just as flavourful without any of the frustration. Serve them with a side of coleslaw and, of course, a cold beer for a perfect summer meal.
- 8-10 chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic, diced
- half a lime, juiced
- 1 cup beer
- a handful of chopped, fresh parsley
- Rinse drumsticks and put them in a re-sealable plastic bag
- Combine the olive oil, onion salt, paprika, ground cumin, cayenne, pepper, lime juice, garlic, beer and chopped parsley.
- Pour the marinade into the bag with the drumsticks and seal it tightly. Let the chicken marinate for at least two hours in the fridge.
- Grill the drumsticks for 25 to 30 minutes, basting them with the excess marinade every eight minutes. When they’re done, the juices should run clear, and the internal temperature should be about 170F.
Featured image source: www.addapinch.com