If you’re bored with fish and need a new recipe to liven it up, this will definitely make you and your family happy. And to to top it all off, this recipe is super easy and inexpensive. Any whitefish can replace the tilapia, and using low-cal sour cream instead of heavier mayonnaise keeps it healthy.
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 pounds tilapia fillets
- Preheat the oven broiler and line a pan with aluminum foil.
- Mix together cheese, butter, sour cream, and lemon juice in a bowl. Add the basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt. Mix it well and set aside.
- Lay the tilapia on the pan and broil for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and flip the fillets. Broil them for another 2 minutes. Remove them from the oven again and smother them with the sauce. Broil for another 2 minutes, or until the sauce is golden brown. The fish should flake easily – be careful not to overcook it.
- Serve immediately, overtop of rice, and with a side of fresh green vegetables.