Chicken breasts are a great main dish for a variety of reasons. They are affordable, the white meat is lean, and they go with pretty much everything. However, they can be a little boring. That’s where this recipe comes in. Stuffing anything with cheese is a surefire way to make it better, but then breading the chicken and drizzling it with garlic and lemon takes it to a whole other level. Serve this dish with a side of roasted potatoes and steamed spinach for a winning weeknight dinner. Feel free to add your own sides and let us know which sides you find work best with this dish!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 package cream cheese, sliced into 1/4 inch thick pieces
- 1/2 package cheddar cheese, sliced into 1/4 inch thick pieces
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly coat a baking dish with oil.
- Create a pocket in each chicken breast by slicing it horizontally, but not all the way through. Put a slice of cheddar and a slice of cream cheese in each pocket.
- Combine the bread crumbs and the Romano cheese. Dip each breast into the milk and then coat well with the bread crumb mixture. Put all the breasts in the prepared baking dish.
- Melt the butter over medium heat and add the garlic and lemon juice. Drizzle this mixture over the chicken breasts and sprinkle them with garlic salt and paprika.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the chicken breasts are no longer pink.
Thanks to All Recipes for creating this delicious recipe and for their fantastic imagery. Flavour Curator does not claim to own any of the materials on this page.