I love bacon, eggs, and hash browns for breakfast. Who doesn’t? It’s a magical combination. But every once in a while, you need to switch things up and for those occasions I present this tasty breakfast casserole. It’s super easy to make, essentially consisting of taking your breakfast items and combining them together in a dish. Sprinkle some cheese on top and add any other ingredients you see fit and pop it in the oven. It’s a fresh twist on breakfast and also leaves plenty of leftovers for later snacking.
- 1 pound Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage, cooked
- 1 yellow onion, chopped, sauteed in sausage grease
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 20 ounce bag frozen hash browns
- 8 ounce brick of mild cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray medium casserole dish (we used 9 x 13) with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Prepare sausage and onions.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, including sausage and onions. Pour into prepared casserole dish. Reserve roughly one cup of the cheese for topping.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and top with reserved cheese. Return to oven for 8 minutes.
- Allow casserole to rest for 15-20 minutes. Serve and enjoy!