This creamy “cheater” chowder is a hearty soup that is super easy to make and easy on the bank account too. Local grocery stores should carry all the ingredients that you need to make this recipe at home. This creamy chowder is such a comfort food for me. It’s the perfect meal to warm you up on a brisk day.
There are plenty of variations that you can make to this recipe to make it your own as well. You can try adding bacon since that makes almost everything taste better. You can also substitute out the clams to make this a vegetarian dish. My favorite type of potatoes to use are Yukon Gold potatoes, but you can choose whichever type you think will taste the best.
– 1 1/2 cups white mini potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
– 1 1/2 cups milk
– 1 can Cream of Celery Condensed Soup
– 1 bay leaf
– 1 1/2 cups frozen Peaches & Cream Corn
– 1 can Whole Baby Clams, drained
– 1 green onion, thinly sliced
– 3 tbsp freash dill, chopped
– 1/2 tsp salt
– black pepper to taste
– Bring potatoes to a boil in a large saucepan of water. Cover, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until potatoes are tender, about 5 min. Drain and return potatoes to saucepan. Stir in milk, soup, bay leaf, corn and clams, if using. Simmer over medium heat until chowder is warmed through, 7 min. Stir in green onion, dill, salt and pepper.
This is a sponsored post in collaboration with Sobey’s.