Valentine’s Day is supposed to be a day you spend with your significant other. Most people choose to go out for dinner to celebrate this special day. The problem becomes being able to get a reservation at a restaurant you and your loved one both want and at a convenient time. This can end up being more of a headache than it needs to be. So, this Valentine’s Day show your significant other how much you care about them by spending your time cooking a home-made meal for them. This delicious baked Dijon salmon recipe is ready in 35 minutes and will be the perfect display of affection to demonstrate to your loved one just how much you appreciate them. This Dijon salmon dish also tastes amazing and will be sure to leave you both stuffed. Valentine’s Day doesn’t need to be about the flashy gifts, sometimes, it’s the simple things like a home cooked meal and a night together that leave the most memorable memories.
So this Valentine’s Day, ditch the hectic, crowded restaurant and spend an evening preparing this Dijon salmon recipe that will leave your loved one begging for more.
- ¼ of a cup of melted butter
- 3 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tablespoons of honey
- ¼ of a cup of dry bread crumbs
- ¼ of a cup of chopped pecans
- 4 teaspoons of chopped fresh parsley
- 4 (4 ounce) salmon fillets
- Salt and pepper to add some taste (feel free to add your own spices based on preference)
- 1 lemon for some extra flavour
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- While you are waiting for your oven to heat, stir together the butter, mustard and honey. This can be done in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together your bread crumbs, pecans and parsley.
- Time to prepare the salmon by lightly brushing each fillet with the honey mustard mixture that was prepared in step 2.
- Next, sprinkle the top of the fillets with the bread crumb mixture that you prepared in step 3.
- By now your oven should be preheated, so you can place the salmon in the oven to bake for 12-15 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork. It is important to keep a close eye on the salmon while it is cooking to get the best results.
- Season each salmon fillet with salt and pepper or any other spices you prefer and garnish each with a wedge of lemon.
In just 35 minutes, you have a beautifully cooked home-made meal. It would be best to allow 20 minutes to prepare the meal and 15 minutes to actually cook the dish. This dish is best served with fresh vegetables and a side of rice or noodles.
Bon Appetite and Happy Valentine’s Day!
Thanks to AllRecipes for creating this delicious recipe and for the fantastic imagery. Flavour Curator does not claim to own any of the materials on this page. For more terrific recipes check out: http://allrecipes.com/
Featured Image: AllRecipes Media