Having to eat gluten-free can be hard, especially when you first start because it seems like everything you love has hidden wheat in it. I’ve had to eat gluten-free for a few years now, so I’ve been able to come up with wheat-free substitutions in all of my favourite gluten-filled dishes – like spaghetti and meatballs.
Whether you have to stick to a gluten-free diet for health reasons or just want to cut out carbs, this easy gluten-free meatball recipe will help fill the wheat void.
- 1 package ground beef
- 1 package ground pork
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 gloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 small handful of Parmesan cheese
- Your favourite tomato sauce
- Your favourite brand of gluten-free pasta
- Preheat your oven to 400°
- Prepare your tomato sauce as usual and let it simmer while you make the meatballs.
- Add ground beef, ground pork, eggs, coconut flour, onion, garlic, oregano, and Parmesan cheese to a large bowl. Use your hands to combine everything. Be careful not to mix too much or your meatballs will become too tough.
- Form 1 ½ inch meatballs by gently rolling the meat mixture between your palms.
- Place meatballs in a baking dish, cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Use this time to cook the gluten-free pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Uncover the meatballs and bake them for another 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with tomato sauce, pasta, and more Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!