When you get home at the end of a long, chilly fall day, making a quick and easy meal that warms you from the inside out is ideal. That is this recipe – instead of making the pastry yourself, use frozen pie shells, and for simple but full flavour, it calls for canned cream of chicken soup. Add or subtract vegetables to your liking, and try to find low-sodium soup. This recipe also re-heats nicely for a great next-day lunch.
– 2 deep-dish pie crusts
– 1 carrot, chopped
– 1 head of broccoli, chopped
– 2 stalks of celery, chopped
– 2 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped into bite-size pieces
– 1 10-ounce can of condensed cream of chicken soup
– 2/3 cup milk
– 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Steam vegetables until they are slightly tender.
3. In a large bowl, stir together steamed vegetables, chicken, soup, milk and cheese.
4. Spoon the mixture into one of the pie shells and invert the other pie shell overtop to form the top crust. Push the edges with a fork or your fingers, and cut steam vents in the top.
5. Bake for about half an hour, or until the crust is golden brown.
Recipe source: www.allrecipes.com
Featured image source: www.amazonnaws.com