Yes, you really did read that right, there is such a thing as cauliflower pizza crust. For those skeptical that a cauliflower pizza crust can really taste like the real thing, trust me when I tell you — you won’t be compromising the taste. A gluten-free twist on a classic favourite, this recipe will make enough dough for 6 servings. I usually tend to keep it simple and don’t go for a whole lot of vegetables on my pizza, so this is a great recipe to incorporate some additional veggies into a meal.
1/2 head cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Chop cauliflower and shred in food processor.
- Bring water to boil and add cauliflower. Cover and let steam until tender (about 15 minutes). Let cauliflower chill in large bowl in refrigerator — stir occasionally until cool.
- Preheat an oven to 450° degrees F (230° degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat.
- Stir cheese blend, parsley, egg, garlic, salt, and pepper into cauliflower. Pour mixture onto baking sheet and shape into a pizza crust.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until edges are crisp.
Thanks to All Recipes for the recipe and the imagery!