Macaroni and cheese is a classic meal that is sure to please the whole family. Usually it isn’t the most healthy meal though. This Light Philadelphia Cheesy Baked Pasta recipe cuts down on the fat and makes for a healthier meal. Of course, if you would prefer to have your baked pasta with all its rich and cheesy flavours, you can always replace the low fat and light ingredients with their regular counterparts. You can also feel free to add ham or sausage to it if you are looking to add some meat. The choice is up to you!
- 200g dried pasta (any shape you prefer)
- 250g light Philadelphia
- ½ tsp mustard
- 110g low fat cheese
- Handful of chopped chives
- A bag of washed baby spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place a medium sized pan on the hob and fill it with water until half full.
- Bring the water to the boil and then add the dried pasta – following the cooking instructions on the packet.
- Meanwhile, grate the cheese and set it to one side in a cool place.
- In a bowl stir together the Light Philadelphia with the mustard and the chives.
- When the pasta is cooked then stir through the cream cheese mixture until it is well incorporated.
- Half the spinach leaves onto two plates.
- Split the pasta between the two plates on top of the spinach leaves and sprinkle over the grated cheese (at this point you can place the pasta under the grill for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese if you prefer).
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.