If you’ve never had meatloaf before, I can understand if the name of it might be a little off-putting. While it may simply be meat shaped like a loaf of bread, meatloaf really is one of the most comforting meals.
This is the meatloaf recipe that my dad uses, and it’s always a big hit. If you’re gluten-free, use almond flour or gluten-free bread crumbs instead. You can also lay a few strips of bacon on top if you’re feeling bold. Feel free to serve with garlic mashed potatoes, green beans, and a salad for a delicious and filling comfort meal.
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped, or 1/8 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 small onion, chopped (about ¼ cup)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix all ingredients together except the ketchup
- Spread mixture into a small rectangular pan
- Spoon ketchup over top (if you want to add bacon strips, lay them over the ketchup at this step)
- Bake 1 – 1 ¼ hours until done
Thanks to Food Network for their fantastic imagery.