If you don’t have a slow cooker, it’s time to invest in one. You can get a pretty decent one for around $30, and it will seriously change your life – especially if you work the 9 to 5 grind. It is so nice to come home to dinner, and free up your evening for other things, like Netflix and writing Christmas cards. When you get your slow cooker, or if you already have one, give this recipe a try. It has a kick, but you can adjust that by using milder salsas, and using regular diced tomatoes.
- 3 pounds stew beef
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 15 ounce can Mexican-style diced tomatoes
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 cups salsa verde
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced
- lime wedges
- flour tortillas
- Pour the salsas, chicken broth and diced tomatoes into the slow cooker.
- Stir in the salt, black pepper, garlic powder and cumin.
- Add the beef, onion and potatoes to the mixture.
- Set the slow cooker on low, and cook for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve with a lime wedge, and a tortilla on the side.
Recipe source: allrecipes.com
Image source: dataservice.schnucks.com