This is the perfect pasta for summer. It’s light, fresh, and has a nice kick, courtesy of the red pepper flakes. And, aside from the carbs from the pasta shells, it’s fairly healthy. If you love garlic (who doesn’t?), you’ll definitely love this. Feel free to adjust the amount of pepper flakes based on how much spice you like. This would also work well with fusilli!
- 1 pound pasta shells
- 8 ounces fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to package. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet, add garlic and pepper flakes, and sautee for five minutes.
- Add spinach to skillet and sautee until the leaves wilt.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet, then the Parmesan, and mix well.
Featured image source: allrecipes.com