Mmmmm… sloppy joes. The thought of them instantly conjures up memories of being a kid and laughing at Adam Sandler movies. But while your tastes may have changed regarding Adam Sandler movies, they don’t necessarily have to when it comes to enjoying a sloppy joe. It’s okay, we can enjoy them as adults too. In fact, if you’re looking for something to offer at your next sports game viewing event or other social get together, you’d probably be considered some sort of edgy, cool hipster if you brought sloppy joes out for all to enjoy.
Try this sloppy joe recipe out for a little taste of nostalgia. Trust me, you will not be disappointed!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Cook the ground beef, onion, and green pepper in a skillet over medium heat until meat is browned.
- Drain excess liquid.
- Stir in garlic powder, mustard, ketchup and brown sugar.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Thanks to All Recipes for creating this delicious recipe and for their fantastic imagery. Flavour Curator does not claim to own any of the materials on this page.