Summer is coming, making it the perfect time to start using fresh herbs in your cooking. One of my favourite herbs this time of year is dill.
Dill adds a fresh and light flavour that perfectly accompanies any type of barbecued meat. This dill potato side dish recipe is a favourite in my family. You can jazz it up a little more by adding chives or scallions for a sharper flavour, but I prefer to leave it as it is. Serve it as a side with hamburgers, sausages or ribs for a delicious and appropriately summertime meal.
- 6 – 12 medium Yukon gold potatoes, cleaned and chopped into large chunks
- 2 tbsp butter
- Handful of fresh dill, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put a large pot of water to boil while you chop the potatoes and dill.
- When the water reaches a rolling boil, add the potatoes and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until very soft.
- Drain the potatoes and put them back in the empty pot. Add the butter and dill and stir until coated. Add more butter if needed. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Thanks to Bon Appetit for their fantastic imagery.