This protein-packed snack is great for midday hunger cravings, particularly if you’re allergic to nuts. If you don’t have the time to peel the chickpeas, it’s not an integral part of the recipe – but, they won’t be as crunchy! And apparently, it’s easier to digest them if they are peeled. Also, feel free to modify the spices to your taste. Pretty much anything will taste great.
- one 15 oz. can of chickpeas, drained, rinsed and peeled
- half a lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 °C.
- Mix together the lime juice, olive oil, cayenne, cumin, garlic salt an salt and pepper.
- Toss the chickpeas in the mixture until they are well coated.
- Placed the chickpeas on a baking sheet with a slotted spoon.
- Roast the chickpeas for 40 minutes.
- Let stand before storing in a resealable plastic bag.
Featured image source: http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/roasted-chickpeas-on-baking-sheet.jpg