Whether you’re having people over or want to treat yourself to a fancier-than-usual breakfast, quiche is a quick and easy way to make a delicious and impressive-looking breakfast dish.
You can make the process even easier by using a store-bought pie crust instead of making one from scratch. This broccoli quiche is a vegetarian option, but you can switch it up to suit your own personal preferences – add ham or bacon for more flavour, change up the type of cheese (cheddar would be amazing), or sub out the milk and butter for healthier and low fat options.
- 1 9” unbaked pie crust
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 onion minced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add the butter to a sauté pan and cook the onion, garlic and broccoli over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the cooked vegetables to the pie crust and sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Beat the eggs with the milk until combined. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the melted butter.
- Pour the beaten eggs mixture over the vegetables and cheese.
- Bake in the oven until the centre has set – about 30 to 50 minutes.
Thanks to All Recipes for creating this delicious recipe and for their fantastic imagery. Flavour Curator does not claim to own any of the materials on this page.