We’ve all had (and maybe made) traditional salsa and guacamole recipes. But there are a lot of different kinds of salsa that you can make that combine unexpected ingredients for different flavour combinations. Since salsa is just made up of finely chopped vegetables and fruits, trying new forms of salsa is easy. But this mango, peach, and pineapple salsa recipe takes the cake.
The tropical fruits this recipe calls for are just in season, making this salsa burst with summery flavours. It’s light, tasty, refreshing, healthy, and you can make endless meal combinations with it. Pair it with fish tacos, salmon, grilled chicken or BBQ pork. Or you can enjoy it on its own as a side dish or party appetizer with crackers or tortilla chips.
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 peach, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup pineapple, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste (optional)
- In a bowl, mix together the mango, peach, pineapple, tomatoes, jalapeño, onion, and garlic.
- Add the lime juice, salt, cilantro, and sugar (if using) and stir to coat evenly.
- Serve immediately or place in the refrigerator until serving.